OUR DIVISIONS AND INTEREST GROUPS:
The association has been formed to assist with the promotion, selection, specification and installation of thermal insulation products and systems and to combat the usage of cheap substandard unsafe products and practices.
The Association is an industry initiative with the following principle objectives:
- To promote the usage of thermal insulation
- To comply with the South African National Building Regulations
- To co-operate with all entities who have congruent objectives, notably the National Regulator for Compulsory Specifications (NRCS) and the South African Bureau of Standards (SABS)
- To disseminate information to Consumers and Professionals
- To promote socially responsible behaviour through our Code of Ethics.
– Advocating for the adoption of Industry Best Practices in energy efficiency, energy management and renewable energy.
– Providing support for Capacity Building and Development of local energy services companies.
– Stimulate the growth of our industry through development of New Markets for energy efficiency services.
– Collaborate with Public and Private Sector to address national energy efficiency priorities.
President: Dhevan Pillay
Vice President: Silas Zimu
Treasurer: Frikkie Malan
Kgauwe Daphney Mothapo
The Southern African Females in Energy Efficiency is a platform established by the SAEEC for operations driven by women in the South African energy industry.
The Southern African Youth in Energy Sector (SAYES) is your source for info & networking for our up and coming Energy Professionals in the dynamic fields of energy engineering, energy management, renewables, power generation, energy services, sustainability, and related areas.
SAYES was established to become the local representative networking group for the youth to drive change in previously disadvantaged communities.
The AEE chapter and team in South Africa embarked on its third round of the Energy Skills Programme for Youth, developing learners from previously disadvantaged backgrounds within the energy industry. The project funded by the Limpopo Economic Development, Environment and Tourism (LEDET) Department was setup to develop learners towards the Certified Energy Auditor (CEA) AEE program, and as a basis, tests and exams are aligned to South African qualification modules to prepare them for the international examination.
MISSION AND VISION
The mission of the Measurement and Verification Community of South Africa (MVCSA) is to be the impartial Measurement and Verification (M&V) Community that governs and guides Measurement and Verification (M&V) Professionals to protect and advance the interests of all M&V stakeholders.
Realising the mission and vision through objectives:
- The MVCSA has undertaken objectives and functions to enable the success of the mission and vision of the Community. By functioning as a membership organisation for M&V Professionals, as well as facilitate investigative and disciplinary processes against its members, ensures the sustainability, credibility and viability of the service to the industry and the public concerned.
- Proper training is required to uphold M&V as a recognised profession and for such training programmes are established, accredited and regulated by the MVCSA
- To uphold the MVCSA’s status in the industry, representation on the relevant national and international M&V standards, regulatory, qualifications, and other relevant conferences and workshops will be upheld.
Get in touch:
Contact MVCSA Committee Secretary: Thieda Ferreira email@example.com